Saturday, January 07, 2006

Comments On Religion . . . Read At Your Own Risk

Ok, I was re-reading my posts and thought that I should clarfiy something here. I am not anti-christian. I am anti-stupid. Extremely anti-stupid. I also object to those who try to force their beliefs on others. In the words of Lord Melbourne, "Things are coming to a pretty pass when religion is allowed to invade private life." In my words, "Mind your own freaking business, you bleepity bleep." I'm sure the family of the soldier killed in Iraq would like to mourn in private without someone telling them how horrible he was and that's why he's dead.

I have a step-uncle who I have only seen a few times in my life. One of those times (and the last if I have anything to say about it) was at the funeral of my grandmother. Five seconds after the funeral was over, he stepped forward and told the preacher exactly what he had said wrong and handed him a tract to read. I have never been so embarassed in my life. The preacher handled it well, but my mother nearly exploded. There we were, standing by the casket, with all eyes still directed our way, and everyone still silent in respect. Let's just say that I feel sorry for anyone so sad and let it go at that.

The point being that it is past time people learned to live and let live. We all believe something different. If you can't handle it, get the f*** off the planet. The rest of us won't miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home